- 22 inch extra fine (1/8 inch, 3mm) satin (or organdi) ribbon
- 4 small gold beads: either with a hole just wide enough to thread the ribbon through or smaller beads (which will be glued).
- a needlethreader if threading the ribbon through (ideally an extra long one such as the ones used for punchneedle embroidery) or glue.
- optional: extra mini embellishments such as bells
- needle and sewing thread in matching color
- a sewing pin, a piece of scrap cardboard, sharp scissors
1.Cut Ribbon and attach bead onto the ribbon:
Cut 2 lengths of ribbon, a longer one 12 inch long (30cm) and a shorter one 9 1/2 inch (24cm). Attach beads to tips of ribbon using either method: - A. Needlethreader: slip needlethreader through bead, then ribbon through the tip of needlethreader. Pull back through bead. Make a tiny knot at the end of the ribbon, Pull tight so knot hides inside the bead. Trim ends of ribbon at an angle. - B. Glue: glue bead on one side of the ribbon. Trim ends flush.
2.Pin ribbon in place:
Pierce the cardboard with the pin and place it on a table, the tip of the pin facing you.
Slip the longer ribbon onto the pin, exactly in its center.
Form a bow and slip both ends again onto the pin.
Repeat with shorter lenghth of ribbon.
3.Secure bow and attach to ornament:
Prepare a length of sewing thread with a knot at the end.
Lift the bow off the pin, holding it together in your left hand.
Sew together the layers of ribbon in the center of the bow.
Sew onto ornament, adding any other embellishments of your choice.