CROSS STITCH PATTERN READY TO DOWNLOAD, DESIGNED BY Gera! by Kyoko Maruoka
Japanese cross stitch designer Kyoko Maruoka (GERA!) brings us a delightful depiction of the legendary characters from her country.
The cross stitch chart includes the following characters:
- a ninja, spy soldier, fighting in the shadows, and able to sneak noiselessly and surprise the enemy.
- a Japanese princess, with sophisticated hairstyle, wearing a traditional kimono and sandals over her white socks.
- Maneki-neko, the cat who raises its arm to bring you luck,
- Monotaro, the little boy born in a peach and one of the most popular heroes. Followed by his faithful companions, a dog, monkey and pheasant, he carries a banner flag whose text literally reads "N ° 1 in the land of the rising sun".
- classic characters from fairy tales, such as the young priest sweeping the shrine courtyard with his bamboo broom, or the wise old monk. Between them, is a mythical animal, a kind of raccoon, that can be seen everywhere in Japan
- yet another tale, based this time on a real character from the imperial court, Tokugawa Mitsukuni. Legend has it that he travelled incognito throughout the country, disguised as an old peasant, accompanied by his two faithful servants, righting wrongs as they come across them.
The designer pays particular attention to the details of the costumes, the short kimonos worn by the men, the detail of their hairstyle, hair raised and pulled back, feet shod in traditional geta, a kind of sandal with a thong separating the thumbs from the other toes.
The cross stitch chart features these characters gathered in groups of 3. You can also mix the characters as you wish, for example cross stitch the whole series of characters lenghtwise to form a border shape, ideal for projects to decorate a child's room.
Note: the cross stitch chart does not include pouch finishing instructions.
A cross stitch pattern by Gera! by Kyoko Maruoka.
>> see more patterns by GERA! by Kyoko Maruoka
Chart info & Needlework supplies for the pattern:
Chart size in stitches: 4 x (80 x 40) (wide x high)
Needlework fabric: 32 ct Light natural linen (Flax)
Each series fits into 5 x 2.5 inch
Stitches: Cross stitch, Backstitch,
Chart: Black & White, Color
Number of colors: 25
Themes: Japanese folk tales, children's stories, Manekineko beckoning cat, Japanese princess in kimono, ninja, indigo blue
>> see all patterns related to Japan (all designers)
All patterns on Creative Poppy's website are printable and available for instant download.